“The function of a scam is always to sway present action toward future hopes” Detective Sergeant Dennis Marlock
“Sit down and think over that last spellbinder you heard on the platform, over the radio or on television…..Were you listening to a man of reason or to a hypnotist who aimed to limit your field of consciousness? You say you cannot be hypnotized against your will. Perhaps you were hypnotized last night as you listened to that political address over your TV…..The most dangerous hypnotist may be the man you listened to last week over the radio. You were his subject….As a matter of fact, you were a very excellent subject. Think it over…..” George Estabrooks
“Hypnosis is not inexplicable, uncanny or occult, and it is not abnormal. Hypnosis is a natural consequence of a specific application of definite and understandable laws. The laws hypnosis follows are not laws of hypnotism, but are the laws of thought. Hypnosis is the logical result of thinking when, under a particular set of circumstances, there is no other way to think.” Hugh Lacy 1952
If one goes to the Eastern Federal Judicial District court house, and asks the Clerk of the Court to see the Docket for Civil Action No. 95-1107-A
RELIGIOUS TECHNOLOGY CENTER )
) Plaintiff, ) ) V. ) Civil Action No. 95-1107-A ) ARNALDO PAGLIARINI LERMA, ) DIGITAL GATEWAY SYSTEMS, ) THE WASHINGTON POST, ) MARC FISHER, and ) RICHARD LEIBY,
You will be handed a 3” thick brown legal file. When you sit down at the desk in the little office provided, and open the file, the right side is the docket. This lists every filing, hearing, deposition, and every judgment entered in the case. The docket index listing is almost 1” thick by itself.
On the left side you see “everything else” that was filed regarding this case. On the top of the left hand pile of “everything else” is a letter from Patrick Jost, PhD Linguistics regarding Dianetics and its relation to this case.
Dr. Jost explains in cold logical format in two pages that if Scientology claims that Dianetics is its core religious scripture, like the Bible, then the fact that Dianetics is demonstrably nothing more than a FRAUD, and because the instant case, regarding my releasing the story of XENU on the Internet in July and August of 1995 as being claimed as a copyright infringment as well as a trade secret misappropriation, then the act of bringing of this case against Mr Lerma is logically a continuation of this fraud, now seeking color of law to use The Judiciary to conceal and protect evidence of this fraud.
That Dianetics is really hypnosis was noted by the old hypnotists, who described it succinctly this way:
“The same old sofa, with new upholstery” (1)
The first official government inquiry into Scientology concluded the same thing, pointing out that Hubbard changed the names of hypnotic phenomena to hide this fact. Please read the embedded links if you doubt any of this.
“Many scientology techniques are in fact hypnotic techniques, and Hubbard has not changed their nature by changing their names. “(2)
Now, let us take a close look at one word that Hubbard never uses in his introductory books, one word that in fact describes Dianetics, that properly characterizes this amazing claim by Hubbard:
“The creation of dianetics is a milestone for Man comparable to his discovery of fire and superior to his inventions of the wheel and arch.” Page 5 of Dianetics
Now with the above claim in mind, read the Legal definition of the FRAUD from Black’s Law Dictionary:
Fraud: An intentional perversion of the truth for the purpose of inducing another in reliance upon it to part with some valuable thing or to surrender a legal right; a false representation of a matter of fact, whether by words ot conduct, by false or misleading allegations, or by concealment of that which should have been disclosed, which deceives and is intended to deceive another so that he shall act upon it to his legal inquiry; anything calculated to deceive, whether by a single act or combination, or by suppression of truth, or suggestion of what is false, whether it be by direct falsehood or innuendo, by speech or silence, word of mouth, or look or gesture; fraud comprises all acts, omissions, and concealments involving a branch of legal or equitable duty and resulting in damage to another.
That Scientology hides the core fraud behind dozens of lovely, politically correct sounding front groups with catchy names is itself a lesson – It does so for the same reason that a stage magician has a pretty girl with lovely legs. So that the casual observer will look at her legs and not at how the trick is being done.
Scientology takes stage magic show techniques to a whole new level. The core FRAUD being cloaked by all these front groups, Narconon, WISE, Applied Scholastics, The Way to Happiness, and many more, created to lure the unsuspecting into the learned dependence induced by authority hypnosis. It is the very fact that the use of authority suggestion creates dependence is the reason it is never used in clinical therapy!
Scientology and Dianetics, being the core fraud behind the operations of these front groups is, itself, very effectively shielded from recourse because scientology itself has intentionally draped itself in religious trappings. Religious trappings that were crafted with intent to fool the authorities and implemented by written policies. All this was done purely as a legal maneuver in the 1966 FDA Article and Device case which went on for several years. This device serves several essential functions for the continued success of the fraud of scientology. After the first guilty verdict, which would have prevented scientology from using their E-meter device, that verdict was overturned on appeal due to a technicality, Then a new trial was ordered. This time Hubbard invoked religiosity, and claimed, falsely, that this device was “A religious artifact”.
My God, this should be the definition of chutzpah!
And the FDA lawyers were confounded by the religious artifact argument.
If any book or supposed authority states that “the scientology religion, founded in 1954…” then THEY are part of the problem. In 1954 the first corporation was formed with the word church in it, NOTHING ELSE. It was not until 1969 that I saw a cross on a pedestal dragged in the front door, and then the lecture hall became “the chapel”.
Details about this E-Meter case and statements by several witnesses who were there at the time who contrived this ‘evidence’ of religiosity, which was then used to fool the the lawyers at the FDA can be found on Lermanet.com Exposing the CON – HERE and HERE
Why is the E-Meter device so important?
1) The device serves a similar purpose as the hypnotist’s swinging gold watch. In psychological jargon it is also described as an IDEOMOTOR. The concepts surrounding an ideomotor are tough to explain in simple terms and beyond this overview, requiring considerable reading and contemplation. The Wiki page for ideomotor is an excellent introduction to this additional method as used in Scientology, to en-trance its victims to facilitate easily picking their wallets.
2) This device is analogous in function to the GSR function (Galvanic Skin Response) of a standard Lie-Detector. Neither ‘detect lies’, but both are capable of detecting, to some degree, the human body’s physiological stress response to wrongdoing.(note3)
3) The magical effect of mysterious technology. The presence of this device with dials, knobs, and electrodes that you are asked to hold in your hands implies that ‘there must be something there’, there must be something to it…(note4)
The presence of the E-meter triggers the previous covert suggestion by repetition and implication contained in the word scientology.. that it has something to do with science in the same way the emergency number 911 triggers the emotional trauma of the attack on the twin towers, which is why it was chosen to be done on that date.
The word chosen to describe this fraud, “Scientology”, contains the word “science”, implying there is science behind its use. Indeed there is, but not for the reasons you are told, which are a shore story, to direct your attention elsewhere, away from the real science of hypnotism.
4) That this device is used intentionally in a manner to collect in great detail a person’s deepest and darkest personal secrets, which, of course, are “never divulged” – except when used to give a private investigator the targeting information to find the evidence of that person’s crimes when they need to bring pressure to bear to silence a person who has started to figure out that the whole thing is just a great big fraud to steal their money.
5) The peculiar construction of the meter movement used in this device makes it a trance detector. When a person has entered a hypnotic state, has entered trance, this is when the session or action is normally ended and the person is then sent on a “routing form” to see a salesman who then asks the entranced person for money, A request which is difficult to say to “no” to due to prior subliminal suggestions in Dianetics that they simply must get rid of their Reactive mind or Bank.. and you keep money in your bank… You simply must get rid of it! Learning this fact caused one of the early associates of Hubbard in Pheonix in 1952 to leave the organization forever.
6) The morphine effect. When I first broached this idea back in 1997, it was dismissed and depopularized, with great vigor as “kooky stuff” by the same persons who destroyed Mr. Robert Minton. In 1997 there was not so much science as there is today. The fact is, today there is nothing to debate about the fact that electrical stimulation induces an endorphin response by the human body. The only question remaining is what exactly is the equivalent dose of morphine created by 2 hours of 100 uAmps direct current applied to the skin of the hands. It is certainly a sub-clinical dose, but it is a dose. Endorphins bind to the same receptors that morphine binds to. This was the subject of lawyers letters to Star Tabloid magazine over an article about Katie Holmes. The lawyer chose not to debate my claim above, only taking issue with Star Magazine’s characterization of it. MORE on this
The information on this page should be sent to any lawyer litigating with scientology, now, rather than later.
Thank you for reading.
(1) Journal of Hypnotism March 1952
(2) Page 115, The Anderson Report – Chapter 18 – Scientology and Hypnosis – Report of the Board of Enquiry into Scientology by Kevin Victor Anderson, Q.C.
Published 1965 by the State of Victoria, Australia
(3) Make sure you grasp the phrase “shore story”. That there is stress response to wrongdoing is why Lie-Detectors are of any value at all, however there is something further to grasp. A large wall street firm was recruiting a new CFO, Chief Financial Officer, and a guy that applied, described that they wanted someone with a prior federal conviction! They wanted a CFO who was willing to LIE!! This got me thinking, as Robert Hare and others who have been researching psychopathy have noted that psychopaths have no stress response to wrong doing. If no stress response, the psychopath would fly through a lie-detector examination effortlessly! (And fly through a scientology “security check”) Thus, if you grasp “shore story”, it makes more sense if those organization using such devices, whether lie-detectors or E-meters for “Security” – that this itself may be a shore story! That organizations such as scientology or the CIA, might want the psychopaths at the top! Then using security checks or lie detector examinations would accomplish this – because psychopaths have no stress response to wrongdoing! See A Tremor In The Blood: Uses And Abuses Of The Lie Detector by David T. Lykken
(4) Scientology filed 6″ of paper in their first ex-parte motion to fool a federal judge into granting the raid on my home. That much paper, implies “there simply must be something to it” – when in fact, in all that paper they omitted telling Judge Brinkema that the document I posted was itself a copy of an unsealed court filing from the Central Judicial District of California! When a person walks into a scientology bookstore they see all those books by Hubbard! All those tapes! Videos! Pamphlets! All those course materials! Piles and piles of the stuff..and much of it expensive. which also implies that it has worth, all of this screams that there simply must be something to it! Having read this page, now you know what that ‘it’ is.. and it is the one word that Hubbard does not mention in Dianetics.. the word is FRAUD.
The first use of the word scientology traces to a 1908 book titled “The New Word”, where it is used to mean fraud or scam, fake science, charlatanism.
The following words come from a publication called Pseudodoxia Epidemica, written by Sir Thomas Browne in 1646. In between paragraphs ridiculing urine therapy and astrology (both unfortunately still with us), he had this to say about “Saltimbancoes, Quacksalvers, and Charlatans”:
For their Impostures are full of cruelty, and worse than any other; deluding not only unto pecuniary defraudations, but the irreparable deceit of death.